Human Rights Day
8 December 2021, 6pm – 8.30pm - Panel discussion The Rights of Women and Girls: Eradicating GBV in Namibia
The topics that will be discussed include:
- Gender Based Violence and Male Engagement
- Human Rights and Sexual Reproduction Health Right
- Women Economic Empowerment and Impact of Covid-19 on Women’s Rights
The discussion will take in the cinema at the FNCC from 6pm with a number of speakers ranging from ministers, ED’s to the Ombudsman.
9 December 2021, 6pm – 10pm – Opening of Exhibitions and Piano Concert
The evening will start off with opening speeches from the director of the FNCC, followed by the Minister.
The two exhibitions: poster exhibition on Gender Equality Now! and a photo exhibition on Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
After the exhibitions have been opened, we will start the concert performance by visually impaired pianist Harry Rheeder who will close the evening off for us.
Sponsors and partners:
- Franco Namibian Cultural Centre
- United Nations
- Ministry of Gender Equality and Child Welfare
- Café Prestige