On the 31st of January 2017, the Board of Trustees of the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre (FNCC), chaired by Mrs. Jacqueline BASSA-MAZZONI, Ambassador of France, co-chaired by Mr. Nahas ANGULA, former Prime Minister, concluded its first biannual session with a positive outcome for 2016 and an encouraging outlook onto 2017. The strategy 2017-2020 presented by Mr. Patrick PORTES-GAGNOL, director of the FNCC and Counsellor for Cooperation and Cultural Affairs at the French Embassy, was approved. It will allow the FNCC to fulfil its fourfold mission (promotion of Namibian and French arts, promotion of the Francophonie and the teaching of French, digital resources, debates on societal and cultural issues and on contemporary actuality) in a lasting and financially stable way.
The slogan of the FNCC “Together for Cultural Diversity” remains more than ever at the core of its DNA.
The next Board meeting will take place in June 2017.
To be noted is the fact that two members of the Board, H.E. Mrs. Marie-Thérèse AVEMEKA, Ambassador of the Republic of Congo, and Mr. Marek LORECKI, Managing Director of Colas Namibia, were substituted in session, as they will be leaving the country, by, respectively, Mrs. Jane KATJAVIVI, former Publisher at UNAM Press and Mr. LEDOUX, from Colas. They will be integrated to the French part of the bi-national Board of Trustees.
The remaining parts of the Board remain unchanged:
For the French part:
- H.E Mrs. Jacqueline Bassa-Mazzoni, chairperson of the Board of Trustees,
- Mr. Alexandre Peaudeau, Deputy Head of Mission of the Embassy of France,
- Mr. Hilifa Mbako, Managing Director of Areva Namibia,
- Mr. Christian Zolger, Managing Director of NAMSCO,
For the Namibian part :
- H.E. Mr. Nahas Angula, former Prime Minister, co-chair of the Board of Trustees
- H.E. Ambassador Eddie S. Amkongo, former chairperson of the Public Service Commission,
- Mrs. Sanet Steenkamp, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture,
- Mr. Hercules VILJOEN, director of the National Art Gallery of Namibia,
- Mrs. Esther Moombolah-Goagoses, Acting director of the National Heritage and Culture Programme, National Museum,
- Prof. Jairos Kangira, director of the language department at UNAM
To find out more :